In Valdosta City Schools, we believe
- Positive relationships, high expectations, and a safe environment are essential for quality teaching and learning.
- All students have unique needs and learn when provided relevant instruction and support.
- Students, teachers, and leaders must utilize critical thinking, digital literacy, and technology skills to be globally competitive.
- Effective educators motivate and engage students in the learning process.
- Continuous improvement, collaboration, and shared decision making among all stakeholders are fundamental to teaching, learning, and school effectiveness.
- Activities beyond core academics promote relationships and connections that are critical to student learning and life-long success.