1. Positive attitudes and relationships are essential for quality learning.
2. A safe, supportive environment nurtures teaching and learning.
3. Continuous improvement through shared decision making is essential to increase student achievement.
4. Involvement and support of all stakeholders contribute to improved educational outcomes for all students.
5. Public schools contribute to and enhance the quality of life in the community.
6. All students have unique needs and learn when actively engaged in appropriate instruction and support.
7. Teachers and parents are the most influential factors in improving student achievement.
8. High expectations for all students, staff, and stakeholders are essential for student success.
9. Effective teachers continuously improve through ongoing, job-embedded professional learning.
10. Activities beyond core academics provide relationships and connections that are critical to student learning.
11. In order for students to be globally competitive, students, teachers, and leaders must possess 21st Century technology skills.
12. Effective leadership influences all aspects of the school, teacher, and learner and is essential for school improvement.